Samstag, 30. Juni 2012

Review: Lime Crime Palette d'Antoinette

Lime Crime's Palette d'Antoinette is the second palette they brought out. Also like the first one, the China Doll Palette, the eyeshadows are bright and all matte beside the silver shadow.

The colors from left to right:
Royal Flush: a pastel baby-pink
Absinthe-Minded: a light fresh green
Macarooned: a peachy orange
Ribbonesque: a very opaque lilac
Mercurious: a silver - with shimmer



pic via lime crime
Because there are so many swatches from this palette on blogs to find, I decided to do the swatches on a black base. I used here MAC Paint Pot Blackground

And as you can see the colors are really opaque and work also on dark background. Although you have to go over a few times with more color than usual but it works really well.

The shadows are very soft, good to apply and to blend.

Here are some looks with the colors:
Royal Flush

Absinthe-Minded
Macarooned

Ribbonesque
Mercurious

Résumé:
I like all the colors, although I would wish for another highlighter than the silver one. A pastel shimmer like MAC Vanilla would have fit more into the palette. Although the silver is really nice and I guess the best silver I've seen so far, I'm not sure if I will use it often. For me it's too harsh or too 70s style... or maybe I just have to find the perfect color combination. I will let you know if I found one ;-)
The quality of the shadows is stunning good: very opaque, soft, good to apply and to blend. The package is a metal case and very robust. Often the packages made of plastic get damaged easily. I definitely would buy it again.
4.5 from 5 pencils







2 Kommentare:

Sugar Lane hat gesagt…

it looks awesome!
have a lovely weekend,
s

lucia m hat gesagt…

nice eyeshadows!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com